* Peer support schemes in schools for children who feel more comfortable speaking to other children than to adult professionals.
* One-to-one counselling.
* Work with small groups of children on specific issues such as anger management, low self-esteem or with victims of racism or homophobia.
* Training for all staff and management in anti-bullying approaches.
* Curriculum resource materials and classroom activities on themes including bullying, harmful behaviour and self-esteem.
* The NSPCC, National Children's Bureau and The Place To Be offer counselling or training services to schools, as does the Caspari Foundation, which specialises in educational therapy. Contact them at: www.NSPCC.org.uk