Skip to main content

In need of an update

I qualified as a secondary teacher nearly 30 years ago, spent 12 years in schools here then worked abroad. Family matters mean that I have to return to England. I would like to start teaching again, but feel I need a refresher course to update me on any changes. Who should I contact?

Most refresher courses are aimed at those returning after a career break.

The Teacher Training Agency can provide details of courses that it funds.

Not all of them accept teachers such as yourself, which is a pity, but there are other courses available. Contact the recruitment managers in the authorities where you want to work to see if they know of any.

Alternatively, after scanning The TES, you will get an idea of where the jobs are. Contact some heads and ask to spend a few days in their schools as a volunteer in return for briefings on the changes.

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you