School staff 'at the frontline' fight for pay rise (11 January)
- Assuming Jesus knew what He was talking about when He said "a labourer is worthy of his hire" (Luke 10:7), perhaps senior managers of Crossreach should consider whether exploitation of those who work with this country's most challenging children is in any way Christian? Isn't it time the Scottish government ensured consistency in the conditions of teachers who work where angels would fear to tread?
krissymaggy via TESS website
- When I worked in a similar school, we were paid an extra allowance of about #163;900 per annum in recognition of the demands and stresses of working with such a demanding client base.
Old_Pa_Grumpinuts via TESS website
Open letters ... (11 January)
- I found this letter helpful. The ideas are familiar to many, not least through the efforts of Margaret Alcorn. Perhaps what is needed is a wider implementation effort.
IainRMSmith via TESS website
Will higher education hit the mark? (11 January)
- Ironic that the photo on p12 of @TESScotland for article about widening access to unis shows kids from an independent school!
TESS Interview (11 January)
- Enjoyed Carol Craig interview. Refreshing to hear "unedited" views on dangers of materialism and pornography.