Skip to main content

Persistent stalker

Our school is greatly troubled by an individual who hangs about outside the school entrance and harasses our pupils. He sometimes comes on to school premises, in spite of repeated warnings to stay away. What can we do?

You can certainly, through the clerk to the governors or the local education authority, give him written instructions not to come on to the premises and, if he hen does, you can have him removed, if necessary by the police.

Outside the school is more difficult, because he is on the public highway. You should discuss the problem with the local police, who might be able at least to move him on, because he was causing an obstruction or a nuisance. If this is a very persistent problem, the law on stalking might be applicable.

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you