Points of view

* I REFER to the letter about change of school status (TES, July 26) from Peter Goringe and the response you printed from Joan Sallis.

To clarify, the position in Wales is that it is for the minister in the Welsh Assembly Government (in this case Jane Davidson, Education and Lifelong Learning Minister) to arbitrate in disputed cases - not the Secretary of State for Wales.

The titles are confusing and I can see where the error arose.

Janis Pickwick

Press office

Welsh Assembly Government

Cardiff Bay, Cardiff

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you