Creativity and PSHEl Courtroom drama
* different types of questions (openclosed).
* Make patternsslogans on T-shirts, collages of pictures cut out from underwear catalogues, cut-out dolls figures which can be "dressed" in different layers.
* Look at appropriate clothes for different situations, eg hats and gloves in cold weather, night attire, "show" costumes. Restrictive clothing, eg corsets, bound feet in old Chinese culture.
* Design items as in The Queen's Knickers, or a getting-dressed machine as in Fireman Sam or The Wrong Trousers.
Literacy, numeracy amp; science
* Use books like The Queen's Knickers by Nicholas Allan (make up other booksauthors with appropriate names, eg Prize Vegetables by Ivor Bigun), Mrs Wishy Washy by Joy Cowley and The Wild Washerwomen by John Yeoman.
* Collect T-shirts with slogans on them.
* Discuss the derivation of words, eg vests (vetements), pants (St Pantaleon).
* Research clothing materials, classify them, and make graphs. Do "washing line" maths, eg pairs of socks, counting in twos, sorting and matching.
* Conservation: why were there objections to whale-bone corsets?