* Play an animal guessing game or write riddles using animal attributes. Use comparative language (eg big, bigger, biggest).
* Use "The Hipporhinostricow" by Spike Milligan as a stimulus to make up composite animals.
* In drama and PE move like different animals over imaginary surfaces and through different materials.
* Make a timeline of important events in Earth's history. Project it into the future.
* Experiment with ice cubes and water.
* Grow plants, giving some less lightwaterheat, and observe what happens.
* Research creatures that support each other, eg people, dogs, sharks, cleaner fish (wrasse). Discuss the idea of mutual support and benefits.
* Visit thefutureiswild.com and the Natural History Museum at www.nhm.ac.uk