RNIB curriculum information service: 0870 0429554. RNIB helpline: 0845 766 9999.
The RNIB publication One of the Class (pound;15.00) is designed to assist staff in mainstream schools who are teaching a visually impaired pupil.
* Partners in Learning is an externally accredited training course run by the RNIB, for TAs working with children with visual impairments. Contact Liz Gutteridge on 0121 6654221.
* Blind in Business offers a careers package for schools. It also provides support and training to blind and visually impaired students and graduates.
Tel: 0207 588 1885; www.blindinbusiness.org.uk.
* Action for Blind People has regional employment development centres offering careers support and advice. Tel: 0207 635 4800; www.afbp.org.
* National Blind Children's Society also provides a range of resources and offers advice to families of children who are blind. Tel: 01278 764 764; www.nbcs.org.uk.
* Look is an organisation which offers support to families of children with visual impairment. www.look-uk.org.
* Sort It! (www.sortit.org.uk) is a website run by the RNIB for children aged 11-16 with sight problems. It offers advice on school work and equipment, as well as message boards and information about leisure activities.
* Other organisations which offer advice on equipment and technology include Becta (www.becta.org.uk) and AbilityNet (www.abilitynet.org.uk)
* Braille, large print and audio books are also available from www.revealweb.org.uk, www.listening-books.org.uk and www.nlb-online.org.uk.
* British Blind Sport offers opportunities for visually impaired children (sports. www.britishblindsport.org.uk).