* The National Theatre runs a number of courses, some on text, some on technique. Two more drama days for secondary teachers are planned on February 10 and April 21. For information: 0171 452 3000.
* Contact your local theatre; there may well be courses tailored to your needs.
* Didi Hopkins' bibliography: "Augusto Boal: Games for Actors and Non-Actors" (Routledge); "IMPRO" by Keith Johnstone (Methuen); "Improvisation" by Hodgson and Richards (Methuen); "100+ Ideas for Drama" by Anna Scher (Heinemann).
* The Royal Shakespeare Company concentrates on teaching Shakespeare but also has several courses based on rehearsal techniques and directing skills at Stratford or the Barbican in London. 01789 265331.
* Shakespeare's Globe offers various workshops on text, mask and staging a production. "Active approaches to drama with specific reference to Twelfth Night" is on January 14. 0171 902 1432.
* West Yorkshire Playhouse offers "Myth and legend: using drama to investigate myth and legend" on December 7 and "Ways into drama" in June 1999. 0113 213 7800.