* Deeper curriculum content knowledge.
* Broader study across the university plus a requirement to do work experience outwith schools to challenge values and attitudes.
* Classroom practice to be modelled on a medical "clinical internship" where investigating learning, teaching and pupil achievement become the prime focus.
* Class teachers to become "mentor and co-investigator" with the student during BEd programme and in the two years beyond.
* Course to embed more evidence-gathering to enable teachers to test their effectiveness in relation to pupil gains.