City streets are being illuminated by fancy light displays, gigantic tubs of chocolates are bursting off supermarket shelves and John Lewis has finally unveiled its much-anticipated ad campaign… The run-up to Christmas 2016 has officially begun. This year, TES will be joining in the festivities with our very own Christmas card – and we’d like one of your pupils to help us design it.
To enter the competition, simply send us your pupils’ Christmas card designs. The winner will not only have their design grace the mantelpiece of teachers’ homes across the country, but the lucky pupil will also receive a £50 book voucher for themselves – as well as a £100 Marks & Spencer voucher for their school.
This is a great opportunity to show off your pupils’ artistic talents, and children of any school age are eligible to enter. The winning design will feature on a TES Christmas card that will be sent out to all of our subscribers, and we’ll also be showcasing some of our favourite runner-up designs on the TES website before the big day itself.
To enter the competition, simply email your pupils’ designs to TES.firstname.lastname@example.org, or send them to the following address:
TES Christmas card competition
26 Red Lion Square,
Remember to include your contact details. Winners will be notified before publication. The design needs to be A5 and the deadline for entries is 12:00pm on Friday 25 November 2016. See below for terms and conditions. Good luck!
Terms and conditions
1. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the TES Christmas Card competition, please email us at TES.Letters@tesglobal.com with “TES Christmas Card competition query” in the subject line.
2. Entries must be submitted by teachers on behalf of their pupils.
3. The competition is open to all schools in Great Britain.
4. Employees or agencies of TES Global Ltd. (“TES”), its group companies and affiliates or their family members, or anyone else connected with the TES Christmas Card competition, may not enter the TES Christmas Card competition.
5. By submitting your personal information, you agree to receive emails from TES containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
6. TES will only accept one entry per pupil.
7. TES reserves the right to disqualify an entry if it's believed the competition entrant does not hold the copyright or have the permissions necessary to qualify the resource as their original work.
8. The closing date of the TES Christmas Card competition is 12:00 BST on 28 November 2016. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
9. The winning pupil will receive a £50 National Book Token for themselves and a £100 Marks & Spencer voucher for their school.
10. TES accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
11. The winner will be notified by email on completion of the TES Christmas Card competition.
12. The decisions of the TES Christmas Card competition judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
13. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for other prizes.
14. TES retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
15. All entrants consent to the publication of their name, year group, school and christmas card design by TES and its related companies, after the closing date of the TES Christmas Card competition for an unlimited time (in any medium, including any websites hosted by TES and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material, without additional compensation or prior notice.
16. Entry to the TES Christmas Card competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
18. TES accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the TES Christmas Card competition or accepting the prize. TES further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in, or downloading any materials in connection with, the TES Christmas Card competition. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of TES for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
19. TES reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this TES Christmas Card competition with, or without, prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of TES in all matters under its control is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. TES shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
21. The TES Christmas Card competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the TES Christmas Card competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: TES Global Ltd., 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ