Here's a quick guide to everything you need to know from Boris Johnson's announcement on school reopenings.
- All schools will return on 8 March
- Further education settings will also return from 8 March.
- Secondary school students and college staff will be tested twice a week for Covid as part of testing plans
- Boris Johnson said the plans to get schools back on March 8 are supported by the chief medical officer and chief scientific adviser
- Nothing was said on plans for primary pupils to be tested
- Breakfast and after-school clubs can reopen
- Sports and other school activities can also return
- Secondary school students must wear masks in the classroom
- Here's how Covid testing will work in colleges
- Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer issued calls once again for teachers to be vaccinated as a priority - a point ignored by the prime minister
- The NEU teaching union has questioned why the schools reopening plan doesn't include 'Nightingale classrooms' – extra space to allow for smaller classes
We'll be updating this article as more information comes to light