Skip to main content

Schools may need a licence to hold concerts and plays

SCHOOLS could have to take out permanent entertainment licences if they want to hold more than five carol concerts, plays and music master-classes a year. Fears were expressed in the House of Lords that charging for such events or inviting members of the public to them could bring schools under proposed new licensing requirements. The Department of Culture, Media and Sport has not consulted the Department for Education and Skills about the impact of its Licensing Bill on schools. But a spokeswoman insisted schools would see little change, and hopefully some improvement, to entertainment licensing arrangements that already apply to them.

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you