In this episode of the My Best Teacher podcast, we chat with comedian and author Shappi Khorsandi about her time at school, which started in the UK after she and her family had to flee Iran after the revolution in 1979.
She talks about:
- Her amazing primary school – and the teachers that made it so special.
- Being the narrator in schools plays – and not always enjoying it.
- Why writing a play boosted her social stock at secondary school.
- The difficulty of picking your own children's names.
- And why getting an A for her English A level remains one of her proudest moments.