- Can more money make teachers better? No. But great teachers have lots of choices and fair pay may just keep them teaching longer.
- Had a good first day of teaching today. Grade 1 are super sweet. Also, came all the way to Melbourne and have already met an ex-Jordanhiller.
- Learning Centre pupils enjoyed a pirates' beach party as a final outcome activity in our pirates topic. Pirates are fun? They aaarrrr!!
- More children in Scotland experience parent imprisonment than parent divorce.
- My favourite Nelson Mandela quote: "There can be no keener revelation on a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children."
- If you do one thing in Edinburgh this summer, see amazing Mary Queen of Scots exhibition. She was cultured, political, intellectual.
- "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." - W.C.Fields.