I'd like to offer the top ten books on the Reading Bus, as recommended by the Sunnybank Primary's broadcast group:
* Snore! by Michael Rosen and Jonathan Langley chosen because of the beautiful pictures and their love of dogs
* Where's Wally? by Martin Handford used in every session by different pupils
* Wrestlemania 2007, a Pedigree annual. Particularly popular with boys, who justify their choice by saying: "I like fighting."
* Football Flip Quiz, Bradford Press. "I like football and it's a fun quiz to play with your friends," said one pupil.
* The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. "I like this book because it is imaginative, has adventures and because it is very funny to read," said another.
* I Love Animals Annual 2007, Buster Books, "because I love animals and the book has a lot of information about them".
* The Incredible Book-Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers, because it is very funny.
* I Will Not Ever Never Eat a Tomato by Lauren Child. "I love this book because I watch Charlie and Lola on TV and the print is easy to read."
* Guinness Book of Records 2007. "I love looking at the gruesome pictures and reading about the amazing things people do."