Skip to main content

Taxing times

Q: I am pretty sure I've been paying too much tax since I started in September. How do I go about claiming the money back?

A: This should be sorted out when you submit a tax return. If you believe you are due a refund, contact your local Inland Revenue help point and ask for a tax return, assuming you have not already been sent one. Or, visit the Inland Revenue website for help at and go to the pages on "Self-assessment".

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you