* The more artistic students were inspired to draw their own cartoons depicting battles and events. They researched the event and drew it in cartoon form. The cartoons were pasted into a book to form a pictorial history of the war.
* Some pupils used the film-editing CD-Rom, History in Motion - The First Day of the Somme to create their own version of events. This software enables you to use original footage from the archives of the Imperial War Museum to create your own film with voice-overs and music.
* Pupils hot-seated me in character as Will's mother, and acted out scenes from the cartoon.
* Less able pupils drew recruitment posters that they thought would appeal to the boys in the cartoon and wrote obituaries about Will.
* Revelation has a free copy of the DVDfor 10 teachers in a postcard draw.
Send your postcard quoting "TESreview" to: War Game - Teachers, Revelation Films, The Barn House, 38 Meadow Way, Eastcote, Middlesex HA4 8SY.