100 top FE performers honoured
It was time for the talents of people in further education to be recognised by their colleagues as the Star awards ceremony was held for the fourth year running.
More than 100 people were honoured at the event - organised by the Quality Improvement Agency - in London on Monday. The winners in the 10 categories were:
- Amanda Hemmer, Royal National College of the Blind, Hereford, for outstanding teaching, training and learning. The award was sponsored by the Institute for Learning.
- Eddie Bedford, Leicester College, for outstanding contribution to Skills for Life. Award sponsored by the Daily Mirror.
- Marc Wood, the Friends Centre, Brighton, for outstanding provision of learning opportunities in response to learners' needs. Sponsored by Remploy.
- Richard Crook, Crook De Lyon Development and Training in Fakenham, Norfolk, for outstanding contribution to engaging employers. Sponsored by Lifelong Learning UK.
- One Complete Solution, Ipswich Hospital, for outstanding workforce development. Sponsored by ConstructionSkills.
- Roland Griffiths, Reaseheath College, Cheshire, for outstanding contribution in a support role. Sponsored by Niace, the adult education organisation.
- Andrea Wilkinson, Wakefield College in West Yorkshire, for outstanding contribution to learning support. Sponsored by Nord Anglia Education Partnerships.
- Linda Ham, Alton College in Hampshire, for outstanding leadership. Sponsored by the Centre for Excellence in Leadership.
- Oliver Tindall, Sheffield College, for outstanding innovation. Sponsored by Ecotec.
- Bill Leivers, Loughborough College, for outstanding contribution to the development of the FE system. Sponsored by the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills.