A right to outdoor learning
* a Department for Education and Skills manifesto giving all students a right to outdoor learning;
* a national outdoor education champion;
* ring-fenced funding to protect and promote outdoor education;
* measures to reduce the paperwork that school trip leaders are expected to complete;
* improvements in training for teachers.
A guidance document, High Quality Outdoor Education, is about to be published by the outdoor education advisers panel supported by the English Outdoor Council.