Add history to maths and subtract a teacher
1. Describe conditions in Europe from the birth of Christ until the square root of 1066. (Be sure to quote an adequate number of significant figures. Show all your working.) 2. Find the intersection of the following sets: Huns, Romans, Goths, Vandals, Visigoths.
3. a) Find the average area of an enclosure formed during the Enclosure Movement.
b) find the perimeter c) does it tile?
d) Wat Tyler?
4. Describe a typical Viking raid as if you were taking part. You must mention rape and pillage, but avoid regression to mean. You should, however, include at least two standard deviations on each side.
5. a) Express each of the following monarchs as a fraction: Henry the Eighth, George the Fourth, Charles the Third.
b) which of those was vulgar?
c) find their lowest common denominator.
6. Name the Axis Powers during the Second World War. Now define your axis in such a way as to liberate Poland. (Hint: consider Poland an independent variable, and choose boundary conditions that ensure a change of state. ) 7. i) Given the Maginot Line, find a) its gradient b) its point of intersection with the Mason-Dixon Line.
ii) Draw a parallel between each of these and the Siegfried Line.
8. Find the next two terms of the sequence: 14 18 39 45 - -.