* Allied Irish Bank award for teaching excellence in business administration.
Winner: Neath Port Talbot college
* Basic Skills Agency award for Innovation. Winner: City of Sunderland college. Commended: Tower Hamlets college.
* CLA award for creativity in writing, art or design.
Winner: Cardinal Newman college.
* City Guilds award for the teaching and assessment of beauty therapy.
Winner: Fareham college. Commended: Chichester college and Bournemouth and Poole college.
* Jardine Lloyd Thompson Healthcare award for health and community care.
Winner: Cornwall college.
Commended: Plymouth college and Blackburn college.
* NEBOSH award for teaching programmes in occupational health, safety and environmental management. Winner: Deeside college. Commended: Lewisham college.
* Protocol Professional award for art and design.
Winner: Cleveland college of art and design.
IT awards and awards where college provision enhances learning
* Becta award for the effective use of ICT and e-learning to enhance and support organisational development. Winner: Pembrokeshire college. Highly commended: Eccles college.
* CoLRiC award for the effective integration of librarieslearning resources centres in curriculum delivery. Winner: Bournemouth and Poole college. Commended: College of North West London.
* Edge award for practical teaching and learning.
Winner: Pendleton college.
* FENC award for the successful use of learning resources. Winner: City of Bristol college. Commended: City of Westminster college.
* Ufilearndirect award for delivering learning through learndirect centres in colleges. Winner: Newcastle college.
Awards for inclusivity and reaching out to communities
* British Council award for international student support. Winner: Sussex Downs college. Commended: Boston college.
* Churches' award for sustainable community development.
Winner: Omagh college.
Commended: Newcastle-under-Lyme college.
* Edexcel award for lifelong learning. Winner: Hull college. Commended: Telford college of arts and technology.
* Learning and Skills Council award for equality and diversity. Winner: Blackpool and the Fylde college.
* MENCAP and RNIB award for students with learning difficulties andor disabilities. Winner: Pembrokeshire college. Commended: Eccles college.
* TESAoC award for widening participation.
Winner: South East Derbyshire college. Commended: Newham college and City of Bristol college.
* Centre for Excellence award for innovation in curriculum leadership.
Winner: Blackpool and the Fylde college. Commended: South Devon college.
* RM award for leadership in learning. Winner: West Nottinghamshire college. Commended: Bridgwater college.
* AQA award for college-school partnerships. Winner: North Warwickshire and Hinckley college. Commended: Sheffield college.
* Department for Employment and Learning award for college engagement with employers. Winner: Upper Bann Institute. Commended: Fermanagh college
* ELWa award for college engagement with employers. Winner: Coleg Sir Gar
* Learning and Skills Council award for college engagement with employers.
Winner: Bridgwater college. Commended: College of North West London and Newcastle college.
* OCR award for partnerships in basic skills. Winner: Lewisham college.