Breaktime - The job stops here - Pub quiz
1. Footballer Lucien Laurent holds which distinction?
2. Who comes next in this sequence: Jimmy Carter, Walter Mondale, Michael Dukakis, George Bush Sr?
3. By what name were members of the Women's Social and Political Union better known?
4. According to Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats method, which colour is the hat that represents thinking about thinking?
5. Who shared the 1962 Nobel Prize for medicine with Francis Crick and James Watson for their work on the structure of DNA?
6. Who was the bowler when Gary Sobers hit six sixes in an over, at Swansea in 1968?
7. In which year did John Major resign as leader of the Conservative Party but put himself forward for re-election?
8. What links Val Doonican, "My Favourite Game" and the Charge of the Light Brigade?
9. What was the name of the Polish trade union formed at the Gdansk shipyard in 1980?
10. Why was Grange Hill's Alistair McNab unique?
1. The first man to score in a World Cup finals; 2. Bob Dole (losing party candidates in US presidential elections, 1980-1996); 3. Suffragettes; 4. Blue; 5. Maurice Wilkins; 6. Malcolm Nash; 7. 1995; 8. Cardigans: famous for wearing; hit for Swedish group The Cardigans; led by Lord Cardigan; 9. Solidarity; 10. He was the only head never seen on screen.