Breaktime - The job stops here - Pub quiz
1. Who first appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15 in August 1962, and has gone on to appear in live-action and animated TV shows, as well as three Hollywood films?
2. Which opera features the song Summertime?
3. In Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels, what is Gulliver's first name?
4. Who scored the winning goal in this year's FA Cup Final?
5. What links the partners of Gracie Allen, Donald Swann and Edward VIII?
6. What sort of creatures were moa, believed to have been hunted to extinction in New Zealand in the 14th century?
7. Who succeeded Oliver Cromwell as Lord Protector of England?
8. Which day of the week is named after a god traditionally portrayed with only one hand?
9. Who comes next in this sequence: Bob Monkhouse, Max Bygraves, Les Dennis and Andy Collins?
10. What last happened on August 11, 1999 and will next happen on September 23, 2090?
Quiz answers right; for crossword answers see next week's issue
Pub Quiz answers
1. Spider-Man 2. Porgy and Bess 3. Lemuel 4. Didier Drogba 5. 'The Simpsons': George (Montgomery) Burns; Michael (Ned) Flanders; Wallis (Homer et al) Simpson 6. Flightless birds 7. Richard Cromwell - his son 8. Tuesday - after the Norse god Tyr 9. Vernon Kay: they are all presenters of 'Family Fortunes' 10. A total solar eclipse visible from the mainland UK.