Breaktime - The job stops here - Pub quiz
1. By what names are the comedians Paul and Barry Elliott better known?
2. Where would you find Lamb Holm, the Calf of Eday and Papa Stronsay?
3. What links the west wind, the Blue Grotto, a Spanish party and between Romeo and Tango?
4. According to the nursery rhyme Jack and Jill, what was used to bind Jack's head?
5. Whose position was described as "unassailable" by Margaret Thatcher shortly before he resigned from her government?
6. In cooking, how many teaspoons in a tablespoon?
7. By what name are the Anglo-Chinese wars of 1839 to 1842 and 1856 to 1860 also known?
8. Who comes next in the sequence: Goldie, Paul Daniels, Peter Shilton, Tina O'Brien?
9. Which 20th-century novel begins with the line: "This is the saddest story I have ever heard."
10. Which empire was conquered by Francisco Pizarro in the 16th century?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. The Chuckle Brothers; 2. They are some of the Orkney Islands; 3. They are all makes of Ford cars: Zephyr, Capri, Fiesta, Sierra; 4. Vinegar and brown paper; 5. Nigel Lawson; 6. Three; 7. Opium Wars; 8. Jimi Mistry (the order celebrities have been voted out in this year's 'Strictly Come Dancing'); 9. 'The Good Soldier' by Ford Madox Ford; 10. The Inca Empire.