Breaktime - The job stops here - Pub quiz
1. Which novel set in Prohibition America is narrated by Nick Carraway?
2. What can be box, groover, dovetail and edge?
3. Which Bronze Age empire had its capital at Hattusa?
4. How many feet in a fathom?
5. In what year was Google founded, Titanic awarded 11 Oscars and General Pinochet placed under house arrest in Britain?
6. Which TV medical series is set in the fictional Sacred Heart hospital?
7. What links A Space Oddity astronaut, the legend of Birkittsville, Flashman's victim and the king of the world?
8. Which two Olympic sports are for women only?
9. Which compound, commonly used in baking, has the chemical formula NaHCO3?
10. Who provided the voice of Darth Vader in the Star Wars films?
Pub Quiz answers
1. 'The Great Gatsby' 2. Woodworking joints 3. The Hittite Empire (second millennium BC) 4. Six 5. 1998 6. 'Scrubs' 7. British prime ministers: (John) Major Tom; (Tony) Blair Witch in 'The Blair Witch Project'; Tom (Gordon) Brown in 'Tom Brown's Schooldays'; James (David) Cameron at the 1998 Oscar ceremony 8. Synchronised swimming and rhythmic gymnastics 9. Bicarbonate of soda 10. James Earl Jones.