Breaktime - The job stops here - Pub quiz
1. Which city has railway stations including Moor Street, New Street and Snow Hill?
2. What is produced in sericulture?
3. What links John Watson, Tim Canterbury and Bilbo Baggins?
4. What began on 23 April, 2005, with the words "Alright, so here we are in front of the elephants"?
5. What is the name given to the form of betting in which the payout on a race is based on a pool of all the bets?
6. What links Cleopatra, the Goths, the Golden Sickle and the Big Fight?
7. In which soap opera is Tracey the barmaid the joint longest-serving character?
8. Who succeeded George Stephenson on the back of a #163;5 note in 2002?
9. Who is the only 20th century prime minister to have been divorced at the time they took office?
10. What unit, named after an English physicist, is used to measure energy or work?
Pub Quiz answers
1. Birmingham 2. Silk (or silkworms) 3. Roles played by Martin Freeman, in 'Sherlock', 'The Office' and the forthcoming 'Hobbit' films 4. The first video on YouTube 5. Parimutuel 6. They are all names of Asterix books in the Goscinny and Uderzo series 7. 'EastEnders' (joint with Ian Beale) 8. Elizabeth Fry 9. Anthony Eden 10. Joule.