1. What name is given to a series of numbers, beginning with 0 and 1, where each subsequent number is the sum of the previous two?
2. Which islands are separated from the British mainland by the Pentland Firth?
3. What links the James Bond films Dr No, Live and Let Die, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye and Casino Royale?
4. Which literary work follows Christian's journey from the City of Destruction to the Celestial City, via the Slough of Despond and Vanity Fair?
5. What type of animal can be spectacled, sun or kodiak?
6. Membership of which order of chivalry is signalled by the letters KG?
7. In which European city would you find the Pergamon Museum?
8. Whose picture was used above the slogan "Your Country Needs You" in the First World War recruiting posters?
9. St Albans, Northampton, Wakefield and Towton were battles in which conflict?
10. What record has been held by Ken Warby and Spirit of Australia since October 1978?
Pub Quiz answers
1. Fibonacci sequence, or Fibonacci numbers 2. The Orkneys 3. First outings for actors who went on to reprise the role: Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig 4. The Pilgrim's Progress 5. Bear 6. Order of the Garter 7. Berlin 8. Lord Kitchener 9. Wars of the Roses 10. The water speed record.