1. Which TV programme, presented by Mike Read, was BBC1's Saturday morning successor to Multi-Coloured Swap Shop?
2. Which town in the north-west of England is home to the Pencil Museum?
3. Who was the first member of the Labour party to serve in government?
4. Which country changed its name to Sri Lanka in 1972?
5. The head, the abdomen and what else make up the three segments of an insect's body?
6. "Baby can't you see, I'm calling" is the opening line to which Britney Spears hit?
7. Founded in 1791, which is Britain's oldest Sunday newspaper?
8. In what year was hunting with hounds banned in Britain?
9. What gives the white cliffs of Dover their colour?
10. What was the name of the horse that the Roman emperor Caligula proposed should be made a consul?
Pub Quiz answers
1. 'Saturday Superstore' 2. Keswick 3. Arthur Henderson (in 1915) 4. Ceylon 5. Thorax 6. 'Toxic' 7. 'The Observer' 8. 2005 9. Chalk 10. Incitatus.