This week ... lights, camera, action
1. Which Northumberland middle-school teacher went on to act in Quadrophenia and Dune?
2. Complete this Woody Allen quote: "Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach..."
3. Born in 1874, which composer and St Paul's Girls' School music teacher would have a heavy influence on the scores of science fiction films?
4. Harrow School, Alnwick Castle and Gloucester Cathedral have all been used as filming locations for which fictional place?
5. Archibald Leach was expelled from Fairfield Grammar School in Bristol but went on to greater success under what name?
6. What classic 1939 film, since remade twice, featured a pupil played by Stuart Maclure, who later became editor of The TES?
7. The book Moby Dick does not contain the word "eskimo" - but in what film does a student underline it in another's copy anyway?
8. How is Ben Drew, who left school with three GCSEs before acting in Adulthood and Harry Brown, better known?
9. What do Jason Segel, Billy Bob Thornton, and Brian Glover have in common?
10. Which politician acted alongside Christopher Lee in A Feast At Midnight?
Pub Quiz answers
1. Sting (Gordon Sumner) 2. "...teach gym." 3. Gustav Holst 4. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in the Harry Potter film series 5. Cary Grant 6. Goodbye, Mr Chips 7. Heathers 8. As the musician Plan B 9. All have played PE teachers (Bad Teacher, Mr Woodcock and Kes) 10. Education secretary Michael Gove.