Diary - Pub quiz
1. Who knocked England out of the 2002 football World Cup?
2. Which French scientist discovered vaccines for cholera, anthrax and rabies?
3. Which popular novelist also used the pseudonym Catherine Marchant?
4. For which newspaper did Clark Kent work in Superman?
5. The word taekwondo - from the words kick, fist and method - comes from which Asian language?
6. Which famous UK film studios were named after the tall trees found in the grounds?
7. Which character did Keira Knightley play in the 2005 film of Pride and Prejudice?
8. The name Alcatraz is derived from the Spanish name for which fish-eating bird?
9. For which artistic collectible is Ireland's Waterford famous?
10. Which sport's professional teams include the Melbourne Demons, Fremantle Dockers, Brisbane Lions and Sydney Swans?
ANSWERS: 1. Brazil; 2. Louis Pasteur; 3. Catherine Cookson; 4. Daily Planet; 5. Korean; 6. Pinewood; 7. Elizabeth Bennett; 8. Pelican; 9. Crystal; 10. Australian Rules Football.