Diary - Pub quiz
1. In J.M. Barrie's play Peter Pan, what was Captain Hook's first name?
2. At the Beijing Olympics, Naidangiin Tuvshinbayar became Mongolia's first Olympic champion at which sport?
3. Martin Scorsese won his first directing Oscar for his work on which film?
4. In the system of numbering used for the spirit base of the drink Pimms, if number one represents gin and number two represents whisky, which number represents vodka?
5. In 1969, which former US president's last words were "I have always loved my country"?
6. What is the capital of the Philippines?
7. What song did John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John and the cast of Grease sing at the end of the film?
8. The Carnegie Medal, for the writer of an outstanding book for children, was named after Andrew Carnegie, who made his fortune in which industry?
9. In 2003, which member of magic and illusionist duo Siegfried and Roy was bitten by a white Siberian tiger during a show?
10. Which US city is known as the City of Brotherly Love?
Answers: 1. James 2. Judo 3. The Departed 4. Number Six 5. Dwight D. Eisenhower 6. Manila 7. "We Go Together" 8. Steel 9. Roy 10. Philadelphia.