1. Which author, who died in 2001, is best known for The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy radio series and novel?
2. At which Texas fort did a group of Americans fight a large Mexican force in 1836?
3. What is the county town of County Clare in Ireland?
4. In which event did Tom James, Steve Williams, Pete Reed and Andy Triggs-Hodge win gold in the 2008 Beijing Olympics?
5. For which state was John F. Kennedy senator when he announced he would run for president?
6. Name Martine McCutcheon's 1998 debut number one single.
7. The Ganges flows through India and Bangladesh into which bay?
8. In which decade was the novel 1984 first published?
9. In which 1990s film did Robert De Niro play comatose patient Leonard Lowe?
10. According to the lyrics for "California Girls", who kept their boyfriends warm at night?
ANSWERS: 1. Douglas Adams; 2. The Alamo; 3. Ennis; 4. Coxless fours; 5. Massachusetts; 6. "Perfect Moment"; 7. Bay of Bengal; 8. 1940s; 9. Awakenings; 10. Northern girls.