Did you know?
* About 20 under-14s kill themselves every year
* Fifteen of every 100,000 young men (15 to 24-year-olds) in England and Wales kill themselves each year; four out of every 100,000 young women. In Scotland, the rate rises to 36 young men out of every 100,000
* Attempted suicide and deliberate self-harm are more common in girls
* Teenagers who self-harm are more than 100 times more likely to go on to commit suicide. In some schools, they form "cutting clubs", to self-harm in groups
* Suicide is more common in winter, particularly after Christmas
* As many as 50,000 under-18s are prescribed antidepressants by their GPs