The five ... songs about school
1. "Another Brick in the Wall" Pink Floyd
Their only UK No 1 climaxes with Islington Green School pupils singing: "Hey teacher, leave us kids alone."
2. "What I go to school for" Busted
This debut hit tells of a young crush: "So she may be 33 but that doesn't bother me."
3. "School Days" Chuck Berry
This musical great saw schools as a perfect breeding ground for rock 'n' roll.
4. "Don't stand so close to me" The Police
Sting tackles inappropriate desires between a young male teacher and a schoolgirl admirer.
5. "School's Out" Alice Cooper
A classic for the last day of term, with the line: "No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks."
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions for this column.