* Discuss a healthy eating policy as a strategic issue among the board and with parents. Formulate it by bringing together related issues from other policies, such as health and safety.
* Carry out an audit of your current position.
* Think about food provided apart from school meals: tuck shops, breakfast and after-school clubs.
* Join in national debate about obesity in children.
* Consider the practical implications.Where will lunchboxes, full of fresh fruit and vegetables, be stored?
* Governors have an important role, monitoring the progress of a healthy-eating policy and maintaining the ethos that supports it.