The symposium, which will take place on Thursday, September 16 at the Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre in Clydebank, will explore how pupils can best be supported to manage their condition.
It will examine:
- the challenges faced by parents, teachers and children with diabetes;
- why helping children to self-manage their condition is vital to future health;
- the different models of care that have been developed across Scotland;
- how education and health care professionals can work together; and
- the lessons for education authorities and diabetes services.
There is no fee for attending this event, which is supported by the Scottish Government.