You can apply online now at www.fasttrackteaching.gov.uk. Serving teachers accepted to the programme will enter their first fast track teaching post during 2001. Students will start fast track initial teacher training in September 2001.
To be considered for the fast track you will need:
* to have, or be expecting to gain, at least a 2:1 degree in a relevant subject;
* at least a grade B in GCSE English and mathematics or equivalent. Those interested in primary teaching will also need a grade B in a science subject;
* 22 UCAS points;
* ambition and a strong commitment to driving change;
* a desire to have a positive impact on pupils, schools and the community;
* inspirational qualities; P> * the potential to be an excellent leader;
* the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Can I teach in an FE college for my first post?
You can - and for as long as you like - if you are qualified. But you cannot do the induction period in an FE college, although you can do it in a sixth-form college if the college provides it (it's optional).
If you wanted to teach in an 11-16 or 11-18 school at any time in the future, you would be classed as an NQT and have to do the statutory induction year. Thus, it might be a good idea to do your induction as soon as you get QTS. That way you will get the support and protection when you most need it.
Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.orgSara Bubb regrets she cannot enter into personal correspondenceMore of your questions. answered at www.tes.co.uk