A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are masculine or feminine. So what gender is computer? asked one youngster.
The teacher decided to split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to come up with the answer themselves.
The women's group decided that computer should definitely be "el computador" because:
* In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on.
* They have a lot of data, but still can't think for themselves.
* As soon as you commit to one, you realise that, if you had waited a little longer, you could have got a better model.
The men's group, however, concluded that computer should definitely be of the feminine gender ("la computadora") because:
* No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
* Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for possible later retrieval.
* As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.