Living in a loch
Hindmarch's key stage 3 lesson resources use the Loch Ness monster as a springboard to consider how different animals adapt to their environments. Activities include:
- Learn: what is the Loch Ness monster? What is cryptozoology?
- Think: sort cards to explain how the Loch Ness monster may have adapted to its environment.
- Design: create a new cryptid (like Nessie or the yeti) that could survive in Loch Ness, Sherwood Forest or London.
- Decide: use characteristic cards to select the perfect attributes for the cryptid's survival in its new habitat.
- Present: explain the decisions.
- Revise: a true-or-false plenary quiz.
How is it useful?
This lesson uses pupils' imagination and creativity.