ICT - Switch on to technology
An exhibition highlighting how new technology and innovative classroom design can be used to inspire, motivate and engage pupils has opened at the Summerlee Museum in Coatbridge.
The RM REAL Centre (Rethinking Education and Learning) has exhibits on:
- how to extend learning across subject areas;
- how to make learning relevant, challenging and innovative;
- innovative school and classroom design, with built-in future- proofing;
- free resources for that added "wow factor" in the classroom;
- how effective use of new technology can provide flexibility and support a more learner-centred approach.
Christine Pollock, executive director of learning and leisure services in North Lanarkshire, said: "The exhibition has been designed to promote discussion among teachers about what engaging, motivating and inspiring learning means within a Curriculum for Excellence."
The REAL Centre will run until November 12, with sessions split into three time slots: 10am-12 noon; 12 noon-2pm and 2-4pm. Ten people can attend each session.
- To book a visit, contact Karen Gallagher T 01236 638353; E firstname.lastname@example.org.