Sometimes we think of goals only in terms of big changes or long-term effects, like switching careers, or losing two stone in weight. But happiness can be increased by small changes that have an immediate impact. Here are five suggestions to make things happen:
* Revive a friendship. Send a card saying "I miss the fun we used to have together", and an invitation to an event.
* Refresh your environment. This could be a simple coat of paint in your entrance hall.
* Visit your area as though you were a tourist. Go swimming, or do exercise without thinking it has to be part of some grand fitness scheme.
* For the next week, find three things about other people you can compliment each day. It may not only improve their mood, but yours too.
* Ask friends: "What small change in your life has brought you the most happiness?" Share ideas, try them out, and enjoy the changes.
Jurgen Wolff is a hypnotherapist, teacher, and writer. This is the last in this series of life coaching columns, but his free monthly creativity e-mail bulletin is available by request to BstormUK@aol.com