Modern Foreign languages - In the spotlight
The Olympic Games provide a great opportunity to focus on different countries, cultures and languages. TES MFL adviser Rachel Hawkes has selected some of the best Olympics-themed resources shared by teachers on TES Resources, and has brought them together in the Languages - Olympics collection.
- Jeux Olympiques. lindaayers' PowerPoint presentation introduces the Olympics through numbers, countries and sports. It finishes with a Blockbusters-style game to revise new vocabulary.
- Meine Stadt. Get students to design their own tourist brochure for German visitors during the Olympics with annelouisep's guide.
- Los Juegos Olimpicos. Reading comprehension about the events and dates of the London 2012 Games, shared by rhawkes.
- Interactive Sport Lesson. Bimbo Bread's Spanish, picture-based presentation with timed activities encourages quick thinking and introduces sports vocabulary.
- Olympic Verbs. Help students to learn verb endings by giving them the incentive of collecting bronze, silver and gold medals in an Olympics-themed revision activity from annaeuan.
Try MFLTeacher1's lesson to explore different opinions about the Olympics while developing French comprehension skills.
Or practise tenses by describing a trip to the Games with annaeuan's presentation.