Music - Resource of the week
Looking for inspiration for colourful, crafty Easter ideas? Want to make your classroom look bright as spring approaches? B Small Publishing has released Eggs to meet all your Easter needs.
What is it?
A small book that outlines five crafty ideas for Easter:
- Chocolate egg recipe: pupils turn a real egg into a chocolate one and decorate it as they wish.
- Spring greetings: children use stencils to create cards where eggs and animals pop up to say "Happy Easter" to a loved one.
- Cress eggs: scoop out a hard-boiled egg and fill it with cotton wool and cress seeds. Paint on a face and sit back and watch as the egg grows "hair".
- Hen and eggs: spruce up the classroom with cut-outs of chickens and eggs that can be made into hanging mobiles.
- Decorated eggs: by borrowing customs from the Ukraine and Poland, pupils can learn how other cultures celebrate Easter while creating their own egg art. Why not finish off by hiding the eggs for a hunt around school?
Whether you are looking for lessons of a spiritual nature or some seasonal fun, check out the TES Easter collection for card making, storytelling and more.