* The British Dyslexia Association is repeating its course, "Training for trainers", at the London Voluntary Sector Resource Centre, 356 Holloway Road, London N7 on November 14. It is aimed at associated members of the BDA (AMBDA) and Royal Society of Arts diploma teachers running training courses for tutors . Fee: Pounds 23.50. Details: BDA, 98 London Road, Reading RG1 5AU, tel: 0118 966 2677.
* The BDA's first international conference, Multilingualism and dyslexia, will be held on June 17-19, 1999 at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology. Supported by education minister Charles Clarke, it will include the teaching of modern foreign languages to dyslexic students. Details: Manchester Conference Centre, UMIST, PO Box 88, Sackville Street, Manchester M60 1QD, tel: 0161 200 4100; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org * Baroness Blackstone is to address a conferenceexhibition organised by The Royal National Institute for the Blind at Edgbaston Conference Centre, Birmingham, November 17. Fee: Pounds 70 professionals, Pounds 20 parents. Details: Jan Ford, RNIB Education Centre West, Whittington Road, Worcester WR5 2JX, tel: 01905 357635.
* Action for ME is holding a conference entitled ME in children on November 18 at Baden-Powell House, Queen's Gate, London SW7. Fee: Pounds 45. Details: Kerry Tolley, Action for ME, PO Box 1302, Wells BA5 1YE, tel: 01749 679193.
* Donald Dewar, the secretary of state for Scotland, is to speak at a Barnardo's Scotland conference on "Early Intervention: best practice, best value" at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, on November 20. Fee: Pounds 90. Details: Barnardo's Scotland, 235 Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh EH12 7AR, tel: 0131 334 9893.
* Voluntary organisation AFASIC is holding its third international symposium on Speech and language impairments: from theory to practice at York University, March 21-25, 1999. Fee: Pounds 370 residential; Pounds 225 non-residential; day rates available. Details: Carol Lingwood, AFASIC, 29 Hove Park Villas, Hove BN3 6HH, tel: 01273 381009.