Council's pay policy changes leave teachers out of pocket (7 September)
- Welcome to the future. Councils can do just about anything now knowing the EIS leadership are declared pussy cats.
Interview: Lindsay Paterson (7 September)
- Sensational - a man at the top who understands what the grunts on the ground are going through. We have folder after folder full of aspirational ephemera, all having the same start and end and little in the middle. I am now trying to teach three levels of S3 pupils (N3, 4 and 5) what was formerly Higher chemistry. Is that the best use of teaching resource or an explicit admission that it's all a money-saving exercise?
- Basically he's parroting here what we in primary have been jumping up and down and screaming for the past four to five years.
- This (interview) is goldust, I'm printing it out!
Measuring pupil progress needs the personal touch (7 September)
- "The four capacities are central to CfE." An otherwise interesting article impaired by the inclusion of this statement. I would be grateful if all retired leaders would be brave enough to say what Euan has when in post.
Stars and films equal a reel hit among pupils (31 August)
- This is wonderful - any chance it could be introduced into England? goatspicy.