Take two similar objects, one half the size of the other, and see what distance the larger one must be before they look the same size.
* Use a programmable toy to move around star shapes on the ground - use the same instructions from different starting points.
* Use a computer program, eg Starmap, to explore the stars and constellations.
* Make up a light-years times table eg Light takes 1year to go 6 million million miles, 2 years to go 12 million million miles and so on.
* Look for other dot patterns, eg freckles, and join up pictures in them.
* Follow a trail in the playground using markers and directional instructions.
* Draw landscapes of planets that might orbit distant stars.
* Imagine what other creatures might think of our Sun if they looked at it from across the universe.
* Get a star named after your school www.starregistry.com www.nameastar.com