Literacy l Draw a "mind map" for different machines and their uses.
* Do a storyboard of the Shuttle take-off sequence.
* Make lists of acronyms and what they mean. Make up some of your own.
* Write a log of "My flight in a space shuttle".
* Count down from 100 in ones, twos, fives and so on.
* Plot a radius of 5, 10 and 15 miles around the school to see how far a space shuttle could travel in one, two or three seconds.
* Make a model of a space shuttle from recycled materials.
* Look at how the shape of aircraft wings give them lift.
* Design a space station - what rooms would it need?
* Taste space rations, available from the Science Museum: www.sciencemuseum.org.uk
* Make a stop-frame animation of a shuttle taking off - you can use Digital Blue cameras www.taglearning.combrowseproduct.php?pid=20
* How would you reorganise the classroom if you could use the walls and ceiling as well as the floor?
l Visit "Google Earth" to see what Earth looks like from space at different heights earth.google.com
* Find images taken from space telescopes hubble.nasa.gov