* Catholic Schools: mission, markets and morality, by Gerald Grace (RoutledgeFalmer pound;18.99). Gerald Grace, professorial research fellow at London's Institute of Education, reports on 60 interviews with Catholic secondary heads in London, Liverpool and Birmingham.
* Contemporary Catholic Education, edited by Michael A Hayes and Liam Gearon (Gracewing pound;20; www.gracewing. co.uk). Gives the perspectives of educationists, policy-makers and teacher trainers.
* Agenda for Educational Change, edited by John Shortt and Trevor Cooling (Apollos pound;15.99).
* A Christian Vision for State Education, by Trevor Cooling (SPCK pound;12.99). Sets out a notion of state education which can accommodate divergent religious views without neutering them.
* Shifting Alliances, by Priscilla Chadwick (Cassell pound;19.99).
* Faith-based Schools and the State - Catholics in America, France and England, by Harry Judge (Symposium Books pound;24.99). Available from www.amazon.co.ukbooks.
* Christian Perspectives on Church Schools, edited by Leslie Francis and David Lankshear (Gracewing pound;20).
* Critical Perspectives on Christian Education, edited by Leslie Francis and Jeff Astley (Gracewing pound;20).
* The Church of England website (www.cofe. anglican.org) covers education in its "Children and young people" section.
* The National Society (and C of E Board of Education) website is at www.natsoc.org.uk
* A new Roman Catholic website (www.cathport.com), created by the Tablet magazine, provides a wealth of information about the Catholic church.
* The Catholic Education Service's website is at www.catholiceducation.org.uk.