* DfES advice on approaches to teaching thinking skills is at www.teachernet.gov.ukprofessionaldevelopmentopportunitiesnqtbehaviourman agementhigherorderthinking.
* The Case programme of cognitive intervention is at www.case-network.org, or http:www.kcl.ac.ukdepstaeducationteachingcase.html with background, research and details of how to introduce Case at your school.
* http:www.scre.ac.ukforumforum2001mcguiness.html has details of a project in Northern Ireland, and a useful summary of research by Carol McGuinness at the University of Belfast.
* The NUT publishes written reports of all its thinking skills projects.
For a full list of the titles available, and to order copies, contact the NUT's information officer, Janet Friedlander, tel: 020 7380 4713. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The union also has an extensive resources list on its website at www.teachers.org.ukcpd http:www.teachers.org.ukcpd.
* Information about Came (Cognitive Acceleration through Maths Education), by Mundher Adhami, is available at www.kcl.ac.ukdepstaeducationteachingcame.html.
* Let's Think Through Science!, by Philip Adey, Anne Robertson, Natasha Serret, Frances Nagy and Pam Wadsworth. Teaching resource for seven to eight-year-olds (pound;70. Available at www.nfer-nelson.co.uk).
* Teaching Thinking Skills across the Primary Curriculum, edited by Belle Wallace (David Fulton, pound;16).
* www.edwdebono.com gives a complete rundown of Edward de Bono's vast range of bestselling books, games and resource packs. Some of the material - including a "six thinking hats" resource pack - is targeted at schools.
* The Buzan organisation website (www.mind-map.com) features details of a range of products, courses and publications.
* www.optimal-learning.net has lots of brain-based learning info, with details of conferences and training.
* The University of the First Age website (www.ufa.org.uk) has lots of information on brain-based learning and activities organised by the UFA.
Tel: 0121 202 2347.
* www.braingym.org is a website devoted to the use of physical exercise to promote learning.
* The Power of Physical Intelligence, by Tony Buzan (Thorsens, pound;6.99).
* Teaching Children to Think, by Robert Fisher (Nelson Thornes, pound;15.50).
* Games for Thinking; Poems for Thinking; Stories for Thinking; Values for Thinking. All by Robert Fisher (Nash Pollock, pound;10.99 each).
* Building Learning Power, by Guy Claxton (pound;20). All-round book focused on improving learning (www.buildinglearningpower.co.uk). Tel: 0117 373 0277.
* Thinking Science (third edition), by Philip Adey, Michael Shayer and Carolyn Yates (Nelson Thornes, pound;76.50 for paper file; pound;90 for CD-Rom). Folder of activities and teacher's guide for Years 7 and 8.
For a full list of resources, see www.tes.co.uk